This simple recipe is free from dairy, egg, wheat, gluten, nuts and even citrus!
You will need:
- 2 cooking apples - peeled, cored and chopped into little cubes
- 7oz (100g) vegetarian suet (gluten free options are available)
- 12oz (250g) light brown sugar
- 12oz (350g) raisins
- 8oz (225g) sultanas
- 8oz (225g) currants
- 2 lemons - rind grated and juiced (optional)
- 3 teaspoons ground mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 6 tbsp apple juice
Place all the ingredients in a large bowl, stir well, cover and leave for 12 hours so all the juices are soaked up.
Stir well before use, and then use straight away in your favourite recipe.